This app package is not supported for installation by App Installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

Anonymous
2023-10-10T08:48:49+00:00

I tried to install MS teams for work but it failed, please tell me what could be the reason.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-12T08:04:44+00:00

Hi ,

Please follow this thread, i was able to install teams with help of response from @Sharon
Error caa5009d - Microsoft Q&A

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T23:09:17+00:00

    It seems MS has screwed up signing of the package - I followed these steps after downloading the package and installing using powershell How to Fix "This App Package Is Not Supported for Installation" on Windows (makeuseof.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T13:29:51+00:00

    Happened to me today as well.

    I think someone screwed up at Microsoft and didn't think it through.

    I had to install Teams from Windows Store and then it worked as intended again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-15T19:52:34+00:00

    This is what fixed it for me. Just download it from the Microsoft Store and you should be able to sign in with a work account with no problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T00:00:20+00:00

    I'm having the same issue on a new PC from Dell. Windows 11 Pro. I've tried all of the mentioned suggestions with no resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments