This app package is not supported for installation by App Installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

Anonymous
2023-10-10T08:48:49+00:00

I tried to install MS teams for work but it failed, please tell me what could be the reason.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-12T08:04:44+00:00

Hi ,

Please follow this thread, i was able to install teams with help of response from @Sharon
Error caa5009d - Microsoft Q&A

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T17:53:18+00:00

    This. This is the way!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T07:11:37+00:00

    The solution that worked for me was to Update the Microsoft App Installer through the Microsoft Store. It needed an update. After that, Teams For Business installed fine.

    This worked for me too, seems that when installing a new machine the App store apps don't get updated automatically for a while. So the app updater was out of date, when I updated it teams installed no problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T00:03:16+00:00

    This was perfect. I should have scrolled to the end before messing around with this for 20 minutes with some of the other stuff.
    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T21:05:06+00:00

    AH!! This is what worked for me!! I was getting the same error about the package being restricted and all. I go to the Microsoft Store and searched for "App Installer".

    At the time it was "installing" (I guess it was updating itself). Once the install finished I was able to install Teams using the same executable that was giving me errors before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments