How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T22:58:47+00:00

    Thank you so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T15:27:11+00:00

    "Default Browser" should be the standard setting not Edge. Actually, this setting in Teams should simply not exist, since there is already a Windows setting for this and obviously people ALWAYS want to use their standard browser and not randomly Edge for Teams links (unless Edge is their standard in Windows already). Yet another example of Microsoft trying to push their stuff onto people without them asking for it...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-22T16:26:18+00:00

    I'm going so far as to call this behaviour from Microsoft as "dirty and dishonourable".

    Get Chrome/Firefox: "Hey, you can use Edge instead"

    Change the defaults: "Hey, are you sure? You can use Edge, instead! Try it"

    Open Teams: "You're opening everything from here in Edge, right? I'll just default to Edge instead of the defaults you chose. It's rude, but I don't care".

    Yeah, no. 30 years of distrust in your stupid app keeps me from doing that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T12:22:22+00:00

    Teams recently changed the behaviour on my PC from opening with the standard browser to opening with Edge.

    This helped me to reconfigure it, although it would not have been neccessary if Teams would not change settings without asking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments