How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T22:02:41+00:00

    Same problem except in a managed environment where the setting says it is set by my admin, and it is forcing Edge and not editable. However, talking to my admin, the policy is set to Default Browser but Teams isn't honoring that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T11:42:21+00:00

    I want open microsoft teams in the googl

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T11:43:00+00:00

    I want open microsoft teams in the googl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-13T19:22:03+00:00

    I have a few people using the new Teams and missing this option. Why would that be?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments