How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T00:31:03+00:00

    The problem is this is set at the organizational level, and the "new" Teams is ignoring the setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T22:17:35+00:00

    Sounds like an issue with the new version of Teams not honoring the Default Browser and not allowing you to assign one. Do you know if this can be resolved at the admin level or is this a known and unresolved issue for now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T13:33:00+00:00

    Update: The option to select the browser to open links has returned.... I don't control the ms updates on my corporate machine, so I'm not sure why, but I can select Chrome again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more