How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T05:37:26+00:00

    Go to ( windows) calls- > custom setup->Device settings->then u can see files and links -> link open preference set to default browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T14:01:13+00:00

    What do you mean my "( windows) calls"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T19:36:06+00:00

    Yes, what is windows (calls)? I also can not locate "Custom Setup" or "Device Settings" when I search the PC overall and Settings in general. "Device Manager" is all that comes up in Settings. Device Manager does not show the Files and Links section to update the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T00:22:49+00:00

    you can find it in Teams setting.

    Setting > Files and links

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments