How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T21:10:08+00:00

    This solution doesn't work. I followed your prompts and when Browser is selected in the dropdown it does not open a new dropdown to select the Default Browser like it does in your screenshot. I tried browser based Teams and Desktop App for Teams. I also tried making Edge my default browser like another poster suggested and it still does not open a default browser selector after you change it Browser in the dropdown. I keep trying to post a screenshot of the same screen from your screenshot but it will not render in this post for some reason. Turns into an upside down smiley face, so maybe I do not have authorization to post images/screenshots.

    ![](https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg)![](https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T12:37:02+00:00

    No one wanted to use Internet Explorer, No one wants to use edge. Why do Microsoft insist on putting it in front of our faces at every turn it will never be better than the alternatives.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T13:47:17+00:00

    Also I found the setting "Link open preference" was not shown for me on "Files and links". I had to get an Administrator to change it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T13:34:14+00:00

    This got me too, click the three dots next to your initials in the top right.

    Could someone from Microsoft tell me when a user might NOT want to open links in the browser they have chosen as their default browser??? Is Microsoft keeping a KPI for the number of times someone opens Edge or something, every click counts, even forced ones...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments