How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T20:46:52+00:00

    What Nathan is talking is within Teams btw ^

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-07T22:53:29+00:00

    found this on another site.... settings / files and links / links open preference - change to default browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-07T17:36:20+00:00

    I have the same issue where chrome is already my default but Teams opens in Edge. How do we fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T07:00:26+00:00

    Hello Pablo, My name is Jackson and thank you for your question. To change the browser Teams used to Open links you need to change the device default browser. To change the default browser for WIndows 1. Select Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps. 2. Open Default apps 3. Select Google Chrome or any other browser you want to use 4. Next to Make Chrome your default browser, select Set default. Warm regards, Jackson E.

    This has started occurring recently. I have already Chrome as the default browser but any link in Teams opens in Edge. The above solution is not working for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments