How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-12T13:38:39+00:00

    Can you describe how to get to Settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T18:01:26+00:00

    Where would an admin change this for an organization?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-21T22:01:08+00:00

    What I learned is that the 'Link Open Preferences' dropdown on Teams settings only shows (for me on Windows) when my default browser was set to something other than Edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T15:22:19+00:00

    For heaven's sake, Microsoft: stop pushing Edge. There is a default browser setting for the computer, use it.

    Forcing me to keep shutting down Edge or changing settings away from it only makes me trust it less and hate it more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments