How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-22T16:26:18+00:00

    I'm going so far as to call this behaviour from Microsoft as "dirty and dishonourable".

    Get Chrome/Firefox: "Hey, you can use Edge instead"

    Change the defaults: "Hey, are you sure? You can use Edge, instead! Try it"

    Open Teams: "You're opening everything from here in Edge, right? I'll just default to Edge instead of the defaults you chose. It's rude, but I don't care".

    Yeah, no. 30 years of distrust in your stupid app keeps me from doing that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T11:42:21+00:00

    I want open microsoft teams in the googl

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T18:08:06+00:00

    My Default Browser is set to Chrome, but it's till not prompting a 2nd dropdown to select Chrome nor is Chrome listed in the Links Open Preference dropdown (2 screenshots below). If there is a solution via the Admin account, please let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T13:33:00+00:00

    Update: The option to select the browser to open links has returned.... I don't control the ms updates on my corporate machine, so I'm not sure why, but I can select Chrome again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments