The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T00:07:13+00:00

    The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

    Your decision to remove "New Conversation" button and replace it with "Start a Post" makes my job 10 times more inefficient as I use this function quite often throughout the day. Now I must give a subject and then a note. We use the channel tittle as the subject and the responses are updates. We need an option to change it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T12:29:26+00:00

    When "Starting a post" a is there a way to remove the "add a subject" line?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T11:17:43+00:00

    This update is not very user-friendly, are there plans to revert this unneeded horrible change?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T12:35:52+00:00

    The "new" start a post option makes the job 10x more complicated.... please please please return the new conversation button back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments