The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T12:54:25+00:00

    Amen, sir.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T15:44:15+00:00

    This change has really ruined daily work flow for my team. We have a chat channel for incoming updates we have to handle throughout the day. Easily typing in to create a new message with no click in was a BETTER "User Experience".

    Further, when clicking on "Activity" and the new comment made, previously it would locate me into that channel and the comment made. NOW it puts me only in a tunnel view of that particular "post" conversation. This is a PAIN as we have a living thread of conversation and you are placing me into a tunnel with blinders on I have to click the button "go to channel" in the upper right hand corner.

    MORE CLICKS is not a "Better User Experience". Putting people into a a view of only a particular reply/topic is not a "Better User Experience". You have eliminated flow and caused segmentation of everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T23:43:00+00:00

    I have uninstalled new version of Microsoft Teams and installed old Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.2757 but still showing "Start a Post" in Teams channel instead of "New Conversation. can please help me I want the other version that says create conversation not post

    I had this issue too at first, however I managed to get back the 'new conversation' again as default upon clearing the contents of %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams while the application was closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T13:35:33+00:00

    Has anyone else experienced any issues with Private channels after this new update, we have had issues tagging the channel on any users using this updated version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T22:35:49+00:00

    Agreed! Same here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments