The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T20:31:47+00:00

    I have uninstalled new version of Microsoft Teams and installed old Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.2757 but still showing "Start a Post" in Teams channel instead of "New Conversation. can please help me I want the other version that says create conversation not post

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T07:39:16+00:00

    Hi Umar,

    Thank you for the answer.

    I do not see switch to old version option under my profile.

    I can't evenm recall chossing the new UI/version.

    My colleague with same version has the "New conversation" button.

    By any chance, do you know any way of getting the old UI back?

    Thanks
    Aparna

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T08:00:52+00:00

    With the new "start a post" option is it possible to add a banner as previously with the "start a conversation" the new start a post option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T19:25:31+00:00

    "This change was made to simplify the process"

    Thanks for the laughs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T12:46:01+00:00

    Remember ... Teams is Microsoft's reminder to the world that software needs Product Managers.

    Another example of where no one really thought about some of the smaller issues.

    Outlook is another one where I am resisting upgrading to the new one -- i tried it ... its awful.

    Microsoft - please listen to your community .. most of us are only using Teams because we can't use Slack, don't punish us further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments