The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T10:41:38+00:00

    The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

    Same here; if you want teams to collaborate, don't turn things into "Posts", instead reduce the number of steps to send a message. You've made the experience feel like a blog from the 90s. What the heck!

    Now, all our teams are using private messages instead of the channels, and I'm already pushing management to switch to Slack.

    As a Product Owner, I urge you to wake up and revert this ASAP, or well, be prepared to lose customers. Slack is the reference, not Blogger or Wordpress.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T13:23:38+00:00

    in the previous New conversation button, I was able to enter groups like @Technology services to send to everyone.. it is not apparent that will work with "start a post". how do i address multiple people just by using the convenience of that method?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T14:01:13+00:00

    in the previous New conversation button, I was able to enter groups like @Technology services to send to everyone.. it is not apparent that will work with "start a post". how do i address multiple people just by using the convenience of that method?

    You will need to enter the @ in the message field, you can't use the Subject field to enter the @. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T14:42:44+00:00

    When did the ability to Reply to a Reply go away? I thought at one point you could create a layered discussion thread.

    Main Item

    Reply 1

    Reply 1.1
    
      Reply 1.1.1
    
    Reply 1.2
    
    Reply 1.3
    

    Reply 2

    Reply 2.1
    

    This single thread is not helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-14T16:35:36+00:00

    Hi sorry to be a problem but I have lost the telephone number so I can pay for the 365 I have had it before then I go to ad it to the email and not sure if you know but I never know where my emails all my emails are pileling up not sure why, Plus why does Mr Googel/Postmaster. can you tell me why I Googel has anything to do my outllok

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments