The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-06T17:11:13+00:00

    Hi Jen, Welcome to the Microsoft Community. I am a Microsoft user just like you, and I hope you are well.

    Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. We are users just like you who help others. We are not employees of Microsoft.

    In the new version of Teams, the "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post." This change was made to simplify the process of creating a new conversation or post in a channel. When you click on "Start a Post," you can type your message and format it as needed. You can also add attachments, mention other users, and use emojis and GIFs.

    If you prefer to have the "New Conversation" button back, you may need to switch back to the old version of Teams. To do this, click on your profile picture and select "Switch to the old version of Teams." Keep in mind that the old version of Teams may not have all the features and functionality of the new version.

    Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + N" to create a new conversation in the new version of Teams.This will open a new conversation window where you can type your message and format it as needed. In summary, the "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in the new version of Teams. You can use this button to create a new conversation or post in a channel, or you can switch back to the old version of Teams if you prefer the old interface.

    I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    Best Regards, Umar Majeed

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-06T17:50:11+00:00

    This is very poor user experience. I want to be able to just click, type message and hit enter. Now, the cursor defaults to the subject line, I have to get to the message field and have to click the post button to send instead of just hit enter. Lame.

    I do not have an option when I click my icon to revert to older version.

    Thank you for your help though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-07T16:39:56+00:00

    I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to you. If you find that the changes in the Teams user interface do not align with your preferences, you can provide feedback directly to Microsoft. This can be done within the Teams app. Microsoft often collects user feedback to improve the user experience and may consider user input when making future updates and changes.

    I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    Best Regards, Umar Majeed

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T20:37:43+00:00

    same this "easier" version is so not cool i don't need a subject for a quick message i'm sending. poor update

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T20:39:58+00:00

    i don not have the option to change back --this is a nightmare --your "easy" made my job 10x's more cumbersome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments