The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T22:31:21+00:00

    I agree. I come back from the weekend wondering why the UI was so different and why i need to create a "post" just to send a message? Fortunately my co-workers didn't suffer my same fate. Now i'm just trying to figure how to revert back. I don't even have the option under my profile to revert back to another version.

    I also can't paste into my "posts" as well. This is really inefficent, unncessary, and time-consuming.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T20:04:04+00:00

    You should give your users the option in Settings to use as New Post or stay as Conversation. With the new "New Post" view, no one wants to have to deal with all the extra stuff just to reply a quick "yes" or "no". You haven't improved the process with more clicks, you've made it more cumbersome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T17:27:09+00:00

    This change has really ruined daily work flow for my team. We have a chat channel for incoming updates we have to handle throughout the day. Easily typing in to create a new message with no click in was a BETTER "User Experience".

    Further, when clicking on "Activity" and the new comment made, previously it would locate me into that channel and the comment made. NOW it puts me only in a tunnel view of that particular "post" conversation. This is a PAIN as we have a living thread of conversation and you are placing me into a tunnel with blinders on I have to click the button "go to channel" in the upper right hand corner.

    MORE CLICKS is not a "Better User Experience". Putting people into a a view of only a particular reply/topic is not a "Better User Experience". You have eliminated flow and caused segmentation of everything.

    I agree with AnonymousOZ This change has caused much angst and do not like the actions it performs. Old version was MUCH better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T16:30:03+00:00

    Agreed Jim. On top of it putting you directly into the "post" when you either click on the alert icon, or if you need to expand the "post" within the channel. I am pretty sure it used to allow you to expand the "conversation" in the channel, and click on the alert and be brought to the "conversation" in the channel.

    I don't know who thought it was a good idea to fundamentally change the way all "chat" systems have worked for decades. If I wanted to use a chat that acts like it does now with "posts". I would just create separate emails for everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T22:47:23+00:00

    please help to replace the option
    "start a post" option is it possible to add a banner as previously with the "start a conversation"

    ''thank you.'

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments