The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T17:46:13+00:00

    This change is causing confusion in my company. It is causing a loss of productivity. Please MS, find a way to make this an optional choice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T12:36:38+00:00

    This change isn't good. I agree with the others that it should be optional. But I find it hard to believe anyone actually wants this change.

    Also I have noticed a bug. You can't "summon" a bot in a post, unless somebody who has the "conversations" button first tags in the bot. Then future posts are able to summon the bot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T09:26:49+00:00

    Please change back the ability to start a conversation or at least give the user the ability to choose. Some aren't able to revert to older versions at the office. I keep typing messages and hitting enter and finding out they aren't sent. Subjects are for email and not needed in everyone's team rooms. I work in tech support and each conversation is unique. Half my team is wondering what I'm even talking about, they'll soon see once their PC forces an update. After reading everyone's post, glad I'm not alone. Please have a better solution than reverting to an older version,

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-27T12:46:51+00:00

    I can't even start a new conversation (post) now, not in a browser not in the app. I can only reply to posts. MS please fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-26T19:46:48+00:00

    I have uninstalled new version of Microsoft Teams and installed old Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.2757 but still showing "Start a Post" in Teams channel instead of "New Conversation. can please help me I want the other version that says create conversation not post

    I had this issue too at first, however I managed to get back the 'new conversation' again as default upon clearing the contents of %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams while the application was closed.

    This has worked for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    I see it now even gives me the try new button now, but I will not be using that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments