The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T19:42:47+00:00

    Why has the post options changed? In the old Team, you could select post or announcement and then choose a fancy banner for announcement. That option seems to have disappeared now and the announcement is just a really large box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T16:57:44+00:00

    Cleary I'm not the only one that doesn't like this update. Why are we being forced to make a post when it could be a simple message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T17:39:13+00:00

    this feature sucks. I just want to chat, I don't wan to 'start a post'. Now it takes so much more work to converse and share ideas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T11:44:09+00:00

    That's the downside of all training video... they get obsolete over time so not sure what you want MS to do? Stop all innovation and stick to the "old" one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T15:06:52+00:00

    CAN WE USE THE OLD WAY - I HATE THE START NEW POST ITS TO BIG AND TO MANY CLICKS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments