The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T19:42:47+00:00

    Why has the post options changed? In the old Team, you could select post or announcement and then choose a fancy banner for announcement. That option seems to have disappeared now and the announcement is just a really large box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T09:26:49+00:00

    Please change back the ability to start a conversation or at least give the user the ability to choose. Some aren't able to revert to older versions at the office. I keep typing messages and hitting enter and finding out they aren't sent. Subjects are for email and not needed in everyone's team rooms. I work in tech support and each conversation is unique. Half my team is wondering what I'm even talking about, they'll soon see once their PC forces an update. After reading everyone's post, glad I'm not alone. Please have a better solution than reverting to an older version,

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T20:31:47+00:00

    I have uninstalled new version of Microsoft Teams and installed old Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.2757 but still showing "Start a Post" in Teams channel instead of "New Conversation. can please help me I want the other version that says create conversation not post

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-07T16:39:56+00:00

    I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to you. If you find that the changes in the Teams user interface do not align with your preferences, you can provide feedback directly to Microsoft. This can be done within the Teams app. Microsoft often collects user feedback to improve the user experience and may consider user input when making future updates and changes.

    I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    Best Regards, Umar Majeed

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T08:00:52+00:00

    With the new "start a post" option is it possible to add a banner as previously with the "start a conversation" the new start a post option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments