The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-26T18:12:49+00:00

    I think this is another case of some dev lead thinking they have to make some change in order to still stay relevant. Too many "higher ups" and devs in companies nowadays just come up with updates just so they can look busy. If the system is working as needed and nobody is complaining there is no need to change it.

    On a note of the changes: ANYTHING that forces a user to add more steps to what they do is not "simplified" and that's just by definition. Many of users have teams for part of a job ; so anything that distracts or slows down that employee more is not a good update.

    Also when replaying to a particular conversation in a "team" there is no good reason to force the person into a "private" window and not be able to see the rest of the team's chatter.

    Please tell whoever the dev op is in charge here to stop feeling like they need to do something to keep things moving even if its a bad update.

    EDIT: also both ways provide to get rid of the "start a post" does not work ; no option to "use old version" exist under the profile icon. Pressing CTRL SHIFT N only brings up a whole new window to start a completely new chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T12:29:26+00:00

    When "Starting a post" a is there a way to remove the "add a subject" line?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T10:41:38+00:00

    The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

    Same here; if you want teams to collaborate, don't turn things into "Posts", instead reduce the number of steps to send a message. You've made the experience feel like a blog from the 90s. What the heck!

    Now, all our teams are using private messages instead of the channels, and I'm already pushing management to switch to Slack.

    As a Product Owner, I urge you to wake up and revert this ASAP, or well, be prepared to lose customers. Slack is the reference, not Blogger or Wordpress.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T22:31:21+00:00

    I agree. I come back from the weekend wondering why the UI was so different and why i need to create a "post" just to send a message? Fortunately my co-workers didn't suffer my same fate. Now i'm just trying to figure how to revert back. I don't even have the option under my profile to revert back to another version.

    I also can't paste into my "posts" as well. This is really inefficent, unncessary, and time-consuming.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T23:43:00+00:00

    I have uninstalled new version of Microsoft Teams and installed old Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.2757 but still showing "Start a Post" in Teams channel instead of "New Conversation. can please help me I want the other version that says create conversation not post

    I had this issue too at first, however I managed to get back the 'new conversation' again as default upon clearing the contents of %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams while the application was closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments