The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-06T17:50:11+00:00

    This is very poor user experience. I want to be able to just click, type message and hit enter. Now, the cursor defaults to the subject line, I have to get to the message field and have to click the post button to send instead of just hit enter. Lame.

    I do not have an option when I click my icon to revert to older version.

    Thank you for your help though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T20:37:43+00:00

    same this "easier" version is so not cool i don't need a subject for a quick message i'm sending. poor update

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T20:39:58+00:00

    i don not have the option to change back --this is a nightmare --your "easy" made my job 10x's more cumbersome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T19:25:31+00:00

    "This change was made to simplify the process"

    Thanks for the laughs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T12:46:01+00:00

    Remember ... Teams is Microsoft's reminder to the world that software needs Product Managers.

    Another example of where no one really thought about some of the smaller issues.

    Outlook is another one where I am resisting upgrading to the new one -- i tried it ... its awful.

    Microsoft - please listen to your community .. most of us are only using Teams because we can't use Slack, don't punish us further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments