Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T15:40:36+00:00

    Same problem. Ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T09:44:12+00:00

    When I click the bug / feature request it is gone. If I click "I have the same question" I get locked out of that. Microsoft is fully ignoring users here. Head in the sand, no answer or comments. Please fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T13:49:06+00:00

    Same problem, would love a solution. The defunct org is screwing my other logins.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-02T06:44:50+00:00

    Same problem here for years, ridiculous situation

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T20:44:05+00:00

    Same issue. MS - please fix this!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments