Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T23:19:27+00:00

    Thank you Suganya! I was having the same issue as the others who replied here, but after following your instructions in the Settings, I was able to remove the Organization from my list and the alert triangle is Gone from my main TEAMS Header. I can still see the Organization if I go back to Settings-Accounts and orgs.. but that's OK.. It doesn't alert me to an issue anymore which is what I needed.

    Thanks again! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T22:59:03+00:00

    This has been the same for years now. Hard to understand why MS ignores it

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T23:57:43+00:00

    Same exact issue today, and the steps didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-30T01:40:11+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T15:32:22+00:00

    Still not possible! So annoying tbh.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments