Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Same problem here. A partner organization locked me out and I can't leave it now. This is ridiculous.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.
That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same problem here. A partner organization locked me out and I can't leave it now. This is ridiculous.
This issue ought to be a high-priority development request - a user should be able to leave organizations without requiring the intervention of anyone or anything relating to that organization. Seems fairly obvious. I am now stuck with a warning triangle icon next to my profile picture in teams just because someone tried unsuccessfully to add me to their teams set up to share a file. Now I cannot leave because I cannot authenticate to that organisation. I also cannot leave another organization, even though I can authenticate, and there's a green checkmark next to the organisation's name in the profile dropdown in my teams client.
I tried by going to https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations and clicking "leave" next to the organizations in question - but it did not work for either of the two organizations referenced. If there is any other way to do it, or if an admin of my Office 365 realm can do it, please advice.
I am having this same issue, actually have that org's policies restricting my user.
This seems like a huge over site from Microsoft,
A User can't leave a company in their own accord. All it does is clutter Azure with more orgs.
Even worse if the company goes out of business it's essentially there forever
Hello Jessica, this is Suganya. I'm happy to assist you.
It seems that in some cases when you are unable to leave an organization because your account is locked, you may need to contact the tenant admin to have them delete your account. However, in this case, since the company is no longer operating, it may not be possible to have the account deleted.
One potential solution could be to try and hide the org from the list. In Microsoft Teams, you can hide an organization by clicking on your profile picture and selecting "Settings". From there, you can navigate to the "Accounts" section and toggle off the switch that says "Show organizational switcher".
I hope this helps you to resolve the issue. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!
Regards
Suganya