Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T19:04:10+00:00

    This did not work for me as my toggle to turn off the organization is greyed out and doesn't allow to toggle. super frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T11:35:16+00:00

    This is incredibly frustrating. I can't leave an organization because my 2FA setup is no longer valid, and there’s no option to manually reset it. How can Microsoft force me to remain part of another tenant when I no longer want to be? Leaving should be something I can decide on my own terms!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T15:06:54+00:00

    And, what if the switch shows up in gray color (disabled)?

    The switch that is supposed to toggle off the organization is in that status (gray)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T10:16:30+00:00

    that button there is inactive for me. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments