Can't leave an org because my account is locked

Anonymous
2023-06-22T08:36:53+00:00

A while ago, I worked with another company and I was invited to a Team on their tenant as a guest. Their tenant got added to the Organizations drop-down and I could switch over to view that Team.

That company then went out of business more than a year ago, but I still see it in my list of Organizations. I tried to tidy up my orgs list by leaving, but it prompts me to login to that tenant and then tells me that my account is locked. I can't get the account unlocked because the company is no longer operating. Is there a way to remove myself when I can't login? Or just hide the org from the list?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T15:06:54+00:00

    And, what if the switch shows up in gray color (disabled)?

    The switch that is supposed to toggle off the organization is in that status (gray)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T22:23:13+00:00

    Add me to the list of people with the same issue.

    Seriously how hard is it, allow a user to remove themselves from an external (not home) organisation. It's literally a no-brainer. How on earth can they justify this ****.

    And the link to the change request no longer works either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T09:47:56+00:00

    mine won't allow me to toggle it either.

    I have tried to delete the tenant but I can't do that either.

    this is ridiculous and causes so many problems for me when trying to join a teams call. constantly tells me I can not log in.

    Microsoft please sort this out. i just want my account back and not to be part of all these organisations where I am the only member so cant delete them

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T14:00:18+00:00

    I found this thread and was hoping that since there was so many post there would be a resolve for my problem. But, no, after more than a year this same problem exist. I am not able to toggle the slider in my Settings - Accounts and orgs page. Is there a Registry edit that I can do to remove this? Come on Microsoft, just let us remove old Organizations that we do use anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments