Side Scrollbar disappears frequently in the New Teams

Anonymous
2024-02-06T06:42:09+00:00

Having the same issue as already raised by others. New Teams version, scroll bar disappeared. It only shows up for seconds when switching between chats and groups. It's hard to get to a group which is far down listed.

Scroll bar also gone within a chat. Need to use the up/down key to find relevant comment within a chat.
Switched back to old Teams version and everything is back fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-07T18:31:40+00:00

    I have this issue too, the only "fix" I was able to find was to click on the left button on my laptop (the left clicker on the "mouse") and press the down key on my laptop simultaneously. This helped me go up and down in my chat list as well as scrolling back up or down in a conversation. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-07T18:46:43+00:00

    As you said that's temporary. Once you grab it and let go, it disappears. You would have to resize your window every time you wanted to move up and down the chat. And if you let go before you find what you're looking for, you have to start over. Even when it's temporarily visible on full screen view, mine is not grab-able. I can only grab the scroll, when I reduce the size of the window, and even then I have to act quickly, if I don't grab it in the first 3 seconds it goes away. AND for me, it doesn't always work. This works maybe 6 out of 10 times.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-07T19:06:02+00:00

    The only solid solution for me is to revert back to OLD Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-07T22:34:05+00:00

    Same issue occurring for me, it started yesterday. Microsoft needs to knock it off with all of the code changes they make that cause issues like this. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but a visible scroll bar is definitely needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T08:38:36+00:00

    I have this issue too, the only "fix" I was able to find was to click on the left button on my laptop (the left clicker on the "mouse") and press the down key on my laptop simultaneously. This helped me go up and down in my chat list as well as scrolling back up or down in a conversation. Hope this helps!

    Nice workaround, need to remember when switching back to new Teams. By now I keep on using old Teams version

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments