Register the new Teams as the chat app for Microsoft 365(requires restarting Microsoft 365 applications) is not working

Anonymous
2023-10-13T06:21:17+00:00

Register the new Teams as the chat app for Microsoft 365(requires restarting Microsoft 365 applications) is not working, Can't chat with contacts in Outlook

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T16:16:43+00:00

    Dear damonbot,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble registering the new Teams as the chat app for Microsoft 365. To understand the issue and provide possible solution, we need more details from you, please kindly provide us the following information. Thanks in advance!

    • What Outlook version are you using? See What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support.
    • May I please know if this option was working with the classic Teams app?
    • May I please know if you can join Teams meeting from Outlook? if you haven't check it yet, kindly open one meeting invite in Outlook and click on join Meeting link.
    • May I please confirm if you sign into Outlook and Teams with the same email account? if yes, please kindly open Outlook and Teams simultaneously and click on the contact's name. Then, check if there is any difference.

    In the meantime, you can try to uninstall and re-install teams and check if the issue persists.

    I look forward to your update. Kindly note that the above requested information is required for further analysis and troubleshooting of your situation. Your patience and cooperation are much appreciated.

    Thank you for your precious time. Have a nice day.

    Sincerely,

    Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T02:39:59+00:00

    Hi Sir

    • What Outlook version are you using? See What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support. Microsoft 365 MSO(version 2308 Build 16.0.16731.20310)64-bit.
    • May I please know if this option was working with the classic Teams app? classic Teams app can use it.
    • May I please know if you can join Teams meeting from Outlook? if you haven't check it yet, kindly open one meeting invite in Outlook and click on join Meeting link.
      I can join Teams meetings from Outlook.
    • May I please confirm if you sign into Outlook and Teams with the same email account? if yes, please kindly open Outlook and Teams simultaneously and click on the contact's name. Then, check if there is Xany difference. Use the same account and there is no difference in contact information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T06:19:28+00:00

    By the way, none of my other colleagues can check this option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T08:39:39+00:00

    Same problem here. Impossible to check this option.

    Version 2308 (Build 16731.20376)

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T12:13:59+00:00

    same issue with me also. even I have latest version 2309 (build 16837.20130

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments