GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T14:41:46+00:00

    Thank you - this was my particular issue. Though I'd rather leave it off, even if I'd prefer to have giphy. Much appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T12:13:38+00:00

    Users within our organization started to report the same issue today as well. It is odd as multiple users have the same version of Microsoft Teams, with each user seeing a different version of the GIF + Emoji + Stickers chat features.

    Old Version:

    Image

    New Version (Working):

    Image

    New Version (Missing GIFS + Stickers):

    Image

    For us it is still like in image 3.

    We have Giphy activated in the Admin Center.

    And the Optional content is enabled too.

    But still no Gifs or sticker available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T11:21:56+00:00

    Same here!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T11:31:35+00:00

    I had a similar issue on our Teams, whereby selecting a Gif used to load frame by frame and very unreliably, basically Gif options were next to unusable when searching for them. Optional Connected Experiences were enabled already, I went back disabled that and enabled it again and Gif's loaded instantly so for those that found this thread through a similar search, hopefully this helps to solve your "Gif not loading or Gif loading extremely slow" issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T11:34:47+00:00

    Hi I can't join teams says bug in app I've updated this uninstall and still same problem I've been having issues weeks now please fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments