GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T20:46:24+00:00

    I am having the same issue here. Tried everything suggested and still no GIFs. What was wrong with the way it was on the old Teams? Can't we just have that back? Even if I do get my GIFs back I would prefer them to be separate like they used to be. UGH!! Not everything has to change

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T20:25:06+00:00

    Hi Sarah, From what I can see, GIFs are sending but you aren't able to see them. Therefore, it's likely that your system administrator is blocking Giphy, which is the platform used to share GIFs within Teams. You'll have to contact someone within your organisation's IT department informing them about this and see if they can provide further information to verify if this is the case. One more suggestion I'd try is to access the Giphy site and see if GIFs load there, although even if they load, it might not be a conclusive sign that Giphy isn't blocked specifically on Teams: https://giphy.com/ Kind regards, nt1809 Note: if any of my responses have been of any use to you, I would greatly appreciate it if you could mark my response as helpful as your feedback would greatly benefit me in improving as an independent advisor, thank you!

    This worked for us. Thanks.

    Turned out the Giphy is getting blocked thru our firewall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T03:02:29+00:00

    Hi,

    I lost mine too, however I found them again!

    It looks like Teams condensed the GIFS, emojis, and stickers.

    Click on the smiley face and you will see the emoji, GIFS, and sticker options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T11:19:27+00:00

    @Femi: not everyone has a team set up in Teams. The regular chat worked with GIFs in classic Teams, now not anymore.

    I see this

    though

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T08:19:44+00:00

    Found the solution: Under Settings -> Privacy -> Optional connected experiences must be activated.

    Holy moley, who came up with this name? What even is a connected experience? Geez, Microsoft... You really got more important things to do than to annoy Office subscribers with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments