GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T08:34:52+00:00

    Exact same experience here - it used to be as image #2 here for a while... now it's like the last image, missing anything but emoji button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T18:20:37+00:00

    same thing with me...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T19:10:37+00:00

    We are experiencing the same issue, number of users don't see Gifs and some do

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T19:23:30+00:00

    Report back from the engineer on our open case is that there are "multiple bug investigations on this issue." and that "Currently it appears that it should be resolved with a pending update that should apply by the end of the month."

    I have responded to the engineer with the suggestion that Microsoft provide a more comprehensive advisory or degradation of service notification on the Microsoft 365 Health Status feed so that customers can acknowledge that Microsoft is aware of the issue.

    I also have requested a more solid date for the release of the update.

    We'll see what they respond back with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T19:56:40+00:00

    Report back from the engineer on our open case is that there are "multiple bug investigations on this issue." and that "Currently it appears that it should be resolved with a pending update that should apply by the end of the month."

    I have responded to the engineer with the suggestion that Microsoft provide a more comprehensive advisory or degradation of service notification on the Microsoft 365 Health Status feed so that customers can acknowledge that Microsoft is aware of the issue.

    I also have requested a more solid date for the release of the update.

    We'll see what they respond back with.

    Thank you for providing that feedback that your organization received. We would be very interested to hear if Microsoft provides any additional information to your team, and we will also be on the lookout for a service degradation in the M365 Admin Center.

    It does look like GIFs still work for the impacted users in Classic Teams. If that is still a feature available in your organization, you may be able to have users toggle back to that version (While it still exists.) That may help to stem the end-user outcry of 20 days with no GIFs 😂

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments