GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T15:41:08+00:00

    I was also having this same issue. I did the most recent update, and it's showing under my emoji button. I didn't have to type anything in, but the stickers, emojis, and GIFs are all under the emoji button icon, however, my coworker is having the same issue and isn't showing up under the emojis button or at all for that matter. Same company, same access, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T15:56:56+00:00

    They are all under the emoji button, but the GIFs are just black boxes. I have tried so many different things to get them to work to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T15:59:41+00:00

    It's so frustrating because they keep saying it was supposed to be the end of the first week of April... we're now on the second week. Also, the fact that it said it was last updated on 9/4/2024 and that date hasn't ev en happened yet... concerning that we aren't getting the correct information at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T21:36:45+00:00

    Our organization has opened a support case as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T21:49:35+00:00

    Users within our organization started to report the same issue today as well. It is odd as multiple users have the same version of Microsoft Teams, with each user seeing a different version of the GIF + Emoji + Stickers chat features.

    Old Version:

    New Version (Working):

    New Version (Missing GIFS + Stickers):

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments