GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T17:06:46+00:00

    Hi Sarah,

    From what I can see, GIFs are sending but you aren't able to see them. Therefore, it's likely that your system administrator is blocking Giphy, which is the platform used to share GIFs within Teams. You'll have to contact someone within your organisation's IT department informing them about this and see if they can provide further information to verify if this is the case.

    One more suggestion I'd try is to access the Giphy site and see if GIFs load there, although even if they load, it might not be a conclusive sign that Giphy isn't blocked specifically on Teams: https://giphy.com/

    Kind regards, nt1809

    Note: if any of my responses have been of any use to you, I would greatly appreciate it if you could mark my response as helpful as your feedback would greatly benefit me in improving as an independent advisor, thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T22:16:45+00:00

    I haven't seen it mentioned, but do you have the "Optional connected experiences" enabled in your Teams session?

    Settings - Privacy

    Optional connected experiences

    Enhance your Teams experience with cloud-backed services, including Giphy, URL Preview, and more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T14:45:06+00:00

    A number of us at my office have been having the same issue Sarah described, and the screen shots are identical.

    Some people in the office are able to access GIFs just fine, so it is not a management setting.

    This started as soon as the New Teams rolled out.

    I see no sign of "Fun Stuff" anywhere.

    "Optional Connected Experiences" in the Privacy settings is checked.

    I have shut down Teams and restarted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T15:49:24+00:00

    We created a case with MS for the GIF issue. We had solutions that sometimes fixed the issue but then next day GIFs would stop working again or would fix permanently, just strange with no consistency! This is what we got back:

    Product Group has informed that the ETA for the fix is end of first week of April. You can inform same to user.

    Issue description: Some users unable to access GIF in Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T11:37:41+00:00

    We created a case with MS for the GIF issue. We had solutions that sometimes fixed the issue but then next day GIFs would stop working again or would fix permanently, just strange with no consistency! This is what we got back:

    Product Group has informed that the ETA for the fix is end of first week of April. You can inform same to user.

    Issue description: Some users unable to access GIF in Teams.

    The fix did not fix the problem.

    You have Microsoft Teams version 24060.2623.2790.8046.
    

    You've got the latest version. It was last updated on 9.4.2024.

    Still no Gifs available:

    Regards,

    Frank

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments