GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-04T15:50:38+00:00

    Teams was working fine until I uninstalled it, except for the GIFs issue on the new teams.

    I just had to sit with Help Desk so they could reinstall Teams altogether because I kept getting an error message when I tried. I have it back, but the GIFs still do not load.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T16:12:43+00:00

    Hi Sarah, I hope you're doing well, sorry to hear you're still having issues with getting GIFs to appear on Teams.

    I'm not sure if the issue is specific to your Microsoft account or your Teams installation, so I think that would be a good place to start. Could you try opening the web version of Teams which can be found here and see if GIFs work there for you?

    https://teams.microsoft.com/

    Kind regards, nt1809

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T16:26:03+00:00

    People on my team have also reported the GIFs do not load when they switch to new Teams so it is not just me.

    I just opened teams on the web version and the same thing....GIFs did not load.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T16:45:12+00:00

    Hi Sarah,

    It's interesting that the GIFs don't load on the web version either. Does anything come up at all when someone sends a GIF, for example anything resembling an error message I can take a look at?

    Kind regards, nt1809

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T16:57:05+00:00

    This is all I see when a GIF is posted in the chat.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments