Additional chat-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
They are all under the emoji button, but the GIFs are just black boxes. I have tried so many different things to get them to work to no avail.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?
Additional chat-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
They are all under the emoji button, but the GIFs are just black boxes. I have tried so many different things to get them to work to no avail.
I was also having this same issue. I did the most recent update, and it's showing under my emoji button. I didn't have to type anything in, but the stickers, emojis, and GIFs are all under the emoji button icon, however, my coworker is having the same issue and isn't showing up under the emojis button or at all for that matter. Same company, same access, etc.
We created a case with MS for the GIF issue. We had solutions that sometimes fixed the issue but then next day GIFs would stop working again or would fix permanently, just strange with no consistency! This is what we got back:
Product Group has informed that the ETA for the fix is end of first week of April. You can inform same to user.
Issue description: Some users unable to access GIF in Teams.
The fix did not fix the problem.
You have Microsoft Teams version 24060.2623.2790.8046.
You've got the latest version. It was last updated on 9.4.2024.
Still no Gifs available:
Regards,
Frank
We created a case with MS for the GIF issue. We had solutions that sometimes fixed the issue but then next day GIFs would stop working again or would fix permanently, just strange with no consistency! This is what we got back:
Product Group has informed that the ETA for the fix is end of first week of April. You can inform same to user.
Issue description: Some users unable to access GIF in Teams.
A number of us at my office have been having the same issue Sarah described, and the screen shots are identical.
Some people in the office are able to access GIFs just fine, so it is not a management setting.
This started as soon as the New Teams rolled out.
I see no sign of "Fun Stuff" anywhere.
"Optional Connected Experiences" in the Privacy settings is checked.
I have shut down Teams and restarted.