GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T11:49:49+00:00

    ***If the option to use a GIF isn't showing in the chat window, nor is there a "+" sign... this might help. It worked for me!

    Open Teams

    >Click the 3 DOTS (on the top right, next to your account icon)

    >Click SETTINGS

    >Click PRIVACY

    >Toggle OPTIONAL CONNECTED EXPERIENCES to "on" mode.

    Go back to your chat window and the GIFs option should show now.

    Yes! It's this :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T02:05:58+00:00

    We paste a GIF in the chat. Then a PLAY button appears in the middle of the GIF when we hover over it. If we play, the gif starts playing with a big PAUSE button in the middle, which isn't desirable of course and then after 5 or so frames, the GIF stops and it stays in play mode with the possibility to pause. Why doesn't the GIF play all the way ?

    You have Microsoft Teams versionĀ 24295.605.3225.8804.

    You've got the latest version. It was last checked on 2024-12-04.

    Believe me we tried a lot of basic things like RESTARTING Teams, LOGGED OUT, CLEAR CACHE, and so on !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T11:34:47+00:00

    Hi I can't join teams says bug in app I've updated this uninstall and still same problem I've been having issues weeks now please fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T11:31:35+00:00

    I had a similar issue on our Teams, whereby selecting a Gif used to load frame by frame and very unreliably, basically Gif options were next to unusable when searching for them. Optional Connected Experiences were enabled already, I went back disabled that and enabled it again and Gif's loaded instantly so for those that found this thread through a similar search, hopefully this helps to solve your "Gif not loading or Gif loading extremely slow" issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T11:21:56+00:00

    Same here!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments