GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T18:33:19+00:00
    1. place your mouse cursor over the gif you want to look at 2) right click and click on "copy image" 3) place your mouse cursor over the "type a message" box as if you were going to send a reply, left click, then right click to select "paste" give it a second or two for the gif to load 3) after viewing, just click on the bottom of the gif and press backspace twice to delete and continue on...

    (hope that helps)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T18:15:47+00:00

    We've had this issue with some users here at my company, but not too many. The users that had the problem either had a version update that fixed it, or Microsoft did on their end. Originally, the slider for the "Optional connected experience" was not turned on and turning it on did nothing. Waiting several days to see if there was an update "fixed" the issue for us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T03:02:29+00:00

    Hi,

    I lost mine too, however I found them again!

    It looks like Teams condensed the GIFS, emojis, and stickers.

    Click on the smiley face and you will see the emoji, GIFS, and sticker options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T20:46:24+00:00

    I am having the same issue here. Tried everything suggested and still no GIFs. What was wrong with the way it was on the old Teams? Can't we just have that back? Even if I do get my GIFs back I would prefer them to be separate like they used to be. UGH!! Not everything has to change

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T15:59:41+00:00

    It's so frustrating because they keep saying it was supposed to be the end of the first week of April... we're now on the second week. Also, the fact that it said it was last updated on 9/4/2024 and that date hasn't ev en happened yet... concerning that we aren't getting the correct information at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments