I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T17:55:54+00:00

    I've found the answer!!

    Your frozen screen will start working if you play with the "Blur" setting and mess around with backgrounds.

    It worked after an hour of troubleshooting. The frozen teams window started moving in Video Chat and Screen Share functioned fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T16:27:15+00:00

    This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

    I have the same issue too. It's been going on for a while. It is really frustrating and disrupting when I am teaching my online and hybrid class sessions.

    I had to reinstall the Teams Classic, that does not freeze up the screen.

    I am now getting notification that Classic Teams will be discontinued very soon.

    I am now in panic mode not knowing if this issue will be fixed before the next semester begins.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T02:01:51+00:00

    We have the same issue too. Teams freezing and slows down laptop

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-slowing-down-laptop-and-freezing-while/f152c704-482c-4a83-8d66-fe9aa7eeb70b

    Not able to find a solution for this. Many users are in embarrassing situation with the call getting struck repeatedly.

    Only shutting down the laptop and booting after 10-15 min resolves the issue and sometimes the issue repeats.

    Will check if lowering the refresh rate works not.

    Regards

    Ashok

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-06T10:04:39+00:00

    My Ms Teams is freezing every 5 minutes, I can't go back to classic teams because Microsoft have decided to disable it. This is absolutely unusable in its current state, it's kind of a joke

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T02:18:02+00:00

    Same issue. Using the web app version too, so that isn't even an option.

    Screen Share freezes whenever any sort of big change on screen happens, like changing to another tab, or another application.

    Have tried sharing just application instead of entire screen, like others PC is way overspeced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments