I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T23:57:02+00:00

    Having the same issue here with users on Remote Desktop

    Teams Hangs

    We resort to Ending the Task and re-launching Teams

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T16:11:12+00:00

    Having the same issue. Wish we could get a viable solution from someone here.... really affecting my work here. Is it possible to keep old teams active as a backup while you all work out all of the very many bugs on 'new' teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T14:28:38+00:00

    Same here, unusable really. I seem to have another issue once I have crashed out in task manager and come back in, it says I am in the call on another device (I am not) and when I get back in the other participants say they can hear me but the image of me was from when I crashed out.

    I don't like anything 'new' from Microsoft of late, the 'new' outlook is a polished turd as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T19:53:56+00:00

    I have the same problem. Teams will freeze sometime in the middle of a meeting. last time it happened at the 45 minute mark, the time before then was around 25 minutes. Teams will ask me if I want to use the new version, I want to select No, but that's not an option. Why ask if it is going to force me to use the new one anyway? I've reinstalled teams and even changed out my SSD and did a windows install (for an unrelated reason) and it still freezes on me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments