I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T19:39:02+00:00

    Having the same problems, freezing when I share a screen and when people call me. Windows 11 with everything up to date. Have tried all the troubleshooting tips in a bunch of forums and nothing works. Many of my users are experiencing the same issue and it is seriously hampering our workflow. It's ridiculous that we are being forced to upgrade to a product that just doesn't work. Old Teams worked just fine. Come on Microsoft you can do better than this. I'm going to be forced to use Zoom for the time being.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T22:31:58+00:00

    Same issue here. Very embarrassing and not very professional that I cannot share things effectively. It doesn't let me leave the call either. Everything freezes. Why force the change when the new version isn't ready. There's a notable silence here from MS too....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T11:29:52+00:00

    Same issue for me, this is very troublesome

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T00:21:44+00:00

    Exactly the same issue here. It's repeatable and extremely frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T20:55:31+00:00

    Same here! I have a user that when he shares his RDP window or PowerBI, teams either freezes completely or just crashes outright. It seems the more memory consuming the application, the worse the freezing is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments