I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T19:39:02+00:00

    Having the same problems, freezing when I share a screen and when people call me. Windows 11 with everything up to date. Have tried all the troubleshooting tips in a bunch of forums and nothing works. Many of my users are experiencing the same issue and it is seriously hampering our workflow. It's ridiculous that we are being forced to upgrade to a product that just doesn't work. Old Teams worked just fine. Come on Microsoft you can do better than this. I'm going to be forced to use Zoom for the time being.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-01T15:23:45+00:00

    i have the same problem on mac, when i join a meeting it gets stuck on waiting for others to join and i can hear everyone and they can hear me, but the interface is frozen, no buttons work, and all i can do is force quit. uninstall and reinstalls dont fix it. old teams works fine but it keeps forcing to new teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T14:28:05+00:00

    Having this issue as well. All the UI icons are locked. If I try clicking them, I get a popup saying the windows for Teams aren't responding, asking me if I want to Wait or Kill the windows. Screen share doesn't present. The only thing that continues working is the audio feed. This only recently started happening to me (last couple weeks).

    I'm on macOS Sonoma 14.4

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T07:09:59+00:00

    Same issue here, how do you get the stable version of Teams back please, I don't have capacity to be a tester for MS and this new release is a mess

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T13:40:04+00:00

    To anyone still having an problem with the Team window share freezing during a call is to change your graph settings so that the fresh rate is below 60hz. I set mine to 59.9Hz and found the screen share was much more stable. I have Win11 so it was easy enough to change in the Display > Advance Display settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments