I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T14:58:44+00:00

    I had this same issue with the new teams, to the point where it would freeze every five to ten minutes no matter what I was doing. My solution was to uninstall everything Teams, including the installers and the old version of teams from my laptop. Once everything was removed, I reinstalled Teams from the website. I have not had an issue since (at least with it freezing, there are other issues but not as unmanageable as this). I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T10:49:36+00:00

    @mdkchen can you try my solution above to check if it helps? Just right click on your desktop and expand the options and select NVidia settings. If you don't have NVidia control panel ignore this please, I am not sure for other GPU providers. Then try to ensure that all settings about 3D are default, meaning that applications should decide themselves which GPU to use. I am now on the 7th day that I haven't had this issue and I had quite some lengthy meetings.

    For me, tampering with the refresh rate did not help long term.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T10:37:19+00:00

    Just adding my voice to those with the same issue. Up to date Teams, up to date Windows 11. Switched back to Teams classic because of this, now having returned to New Teams due to the impending discontinuation, New Teams crashes whenever I try to share my screen.

    Not stable enough for even casual use. Please either fix now or continue Classic teams support until it is.

    EDIT: Switching back to refresh rate 60Hz seems to have fixed for now, but will need to wait for a multi-person meeting to fully test.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T10:49:25+00:00

    It seems I managed to have some solution on this though I am not sure if it helps indeed. I didn't have problems since I did that so it would be nice if others could confirm this.

    My laptop has dual graphics, one by AMD, one dedicated NVIDIA. In my NVIDIA settings, I had the graphics processor settings to always use the NVIDIA driver.

    Changing this to Auto-select seems to have fixed (?) the issue.

    It might be that this is the corresponding fix for the GPU acceleration?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T00:53:51+00:00

    Hi there,

    This seems to have worked for me. I did not get the freezing issue after changing the firewall settings. I had to disable antivirus protection to change the firewall settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments