I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T16:27:15+00:00

    This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

    I have the same issue too. It's been going on for a while. It is really frustrating and disrupting when I am teaching my online and hybrid class sessions.

    I had to reinstall the Teams Classic, that does not freeze up the screen.

    I am now getting notification that Classic Teams will be discontinued very soon.

    I am now in panic mode not knowing if this issue will be fixed before the next semester begins.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T17:55:54+00:00

    I've found the answer!!

    Your frozen screen will start working if you play with the "Blur" setting and mess around with backgrounds.

    It worked after an hour of troubleshooting. The frozen teams window started moving in Video Chat and Screen Share functioned fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T20:35:13+00:00

    My HDR is off, ultrawide screen 3440x1440 ... if I share an application or whole screen on this monitor, it freezes 100% of the time. I can avoid this by using "Region To Share" ...... makes no sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T11:18:41+00:00

    In another post -- https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-app-crashes-when-sharing-the-screen/m-p/1528645
    My
     customer has an external WIDE View screen --- the answer in the other post was by turning off the HDR of the ultrawide monitor from Display Settings..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T19:34:47+00:00

    Same here. Brand new gaming machine, MS Teams web app works fine. New desktop version freezes each time. Participants can hear me but video and mouse functionality cease. The only thing that works is going back to the 23 version but it prompts for updates each time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments