I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T14:28:05+00:00

    Having this issue as well. All the UI icons are locked. If I try clicking them, I get a popup saying the windows for Teams aren't responding, asking me if I want to Wait or Kill the windows. Screen share doesn't present. The only thing that continues working is the audio feed. This only recently started happening to me (last couple weeks).

    I'm on macOS Sonoma 14.4

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T11:09:16+00:00

    Hi,

    Teams has the same issue even on the web version. Can't really work effectively this way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T13:40:04+00:00

    To anyone still having an problem with the Team window share freezing during a call is to change your graph settings so that the fresh rate is below 60hz. I set mine to 59.9Hz and found the screen share was much more stable. I have Win11 so it was easy enough to change in the Display > Advance Display settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T21:11:09+00:00

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences,

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    • You can clear the cache of your Teams app. You can do this by following these steps:
      1. Quit Teams by right-clicking the Teams icon in the taskbar and choosing Close window.
      2. Cut and paste the following location into File Explorer: %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams
      3. Delete the contents of the entire folder.
      4. Restart Teams.
    • You can try using the Teams web app instead of the desktop app. You can access the web app by going to https://teams.microsoft.com and signing in with your account.

    Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

    Regards, Sola

    “Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. “

    Kindly note that this is a user to user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employee neither are we Microsoft agents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T21:31:11+00:00

    Hi again Paul,

    I understand some users prefer the app over the web, I suggest you use the feedback option in the new Teams to let the developers know this so they can work on it.

    Thanks and regards, Sola

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments