Microsoft text suggestions not properly working in Teams

Anonymous
2023-01-27T15:15:22+00:00

Microsoft text suggestions (only in Teams) is not replacing words, it's instead inserting the word I chose right after the few letters I have already typed.

For example, if I'm typing HOWEVER, when I type in the letters HO and then click on the correct suggestion, instead of getting the word HOWEVER like I used to and still do in all other apps, I get HOHOWEVER.

I already checked for updates and signed out of it and back in, and restarted my laptop to no avail.

Uploading screenshots isn't working.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T16:48:28+00:00

    Hi Jayzar,

    As per the previous suggestion, when I cleared the cache, I deleted many files including the dictionaries. When I go to the dictionaries file in Teams now, I find it empty. I tried to show hidden items, but there is nothing.

    Thanks again for the help. Is there anything else I can try?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T16:35:13+00:00

    You may check whether the spellcheck dictionary file gets corrupted of Teams. Refer to the steps below to check this issue:

    • Go to C:\Users<USERPROFILE>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\dictionaries

    • Delete (.bdic) file that is there.

    • Close Teams (by selecting the task bar icon and Quit)

    • Restart Teams

    After restart Microsoft Teams downloads the updated/latest dictionary file.

    Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T16:24:07+00:00

    Hi Jayzar,

    Thank you for taking the time to answer.

    I went through the thread and it didn't seem to have an answer to my question.

    I turned off and on the suggested replies, and cleared cache. Eventually, I uninstalled Teams and reinstalled it and the issue is still there.

    Is there anything else I can try?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T15:53:23+00:00

    Hi E.,

    Please try to turn off and on the suggested replies.

    To turn off suggested replies, select Settings and more > Settings > General, then scroll down to Suggested replies and uncheck Show suggested replies in chat.

    I also recommend checking this thread, there was an answer fix the problem.

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsof...

    If the issue still persists, please try to clear cache teams.

    Steps here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteam...

    Please let me know if you need further help.

    Kind regards,

    Jayzar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments