Teams chat no longer works for my organization on Android phones

Anonymous
2023-10-03T18:52:15+00:00

I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.

I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.

I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T08:48:03+00:00

    you info is not related to this issue - we are using a Business Premium license with full MS Teams functionality.

    Meanwhile, there was a response to my ticket:

    "... This issue is not expected to be resolved, it may take a month or more ...." followed by : ... we are very sorry for....

    this ist beyond funny now.

    & the views counter for this post dropped over night from over 950 to 443 now?

    Image

    Thanks but we are using Microsoft 365 E3 licenses in our organisation. The Microsoft 365 license has no bearing on the issue. It is entirely related to the Microsoft Teams license assigned to the users.

    Are you using a Microsoft Teams Shared Device license?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T09:01:00+00:00

    "This issue is not expected to be resolved, it may take a month or more"

    => This is crazy. Looks like Microsoft doesn't pay any attention anymore to Android users.

    I pushed for Teams vs Slack/Zoom in the organization, but I now start to regret it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T11:34:08+00:00

    Hi Guys,

    Finally, I found the temp solution.

    In my case - It appears that the problem was caused by licenses.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T16:30:55+00:00

    "Are you using a Microsoft Teams Shared Device license?"

    yes we do.

    however MS Teams App is not used from this licence - only the one from the business premium .

    but I think I know what you mean now : it could be the right direction for this issue afterall

    thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T22:57:52+00:00

    Yeah, and we tested removing the license from an affected user and they weren’t able to sign into the Android Teams app at all. I have flagged this in my ticket with Microsoft as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments