Teams chat no longer works for my organization on Android phones

Anonymous
2023-10-03T18:52:15+00:00

I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.

I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.

I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T07:44:26+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    Same here, it's not working.

    Please fix the problem.

    --> No chats available : "The administrator has disabled chat for this user."

    It's on Android phones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T08:57:17+00:00

    This is affecting multiple Microsoft 365 tenants and Microsoft Partners that manage multiple organizations like ourselves are being affected tremendously.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T06:57:05+00:00

    Good Morning an again.. please fix this! The App doesnt work at all! No chat, No calendar, No Teams, No Channels. Long story short the android teams App doesnt work at all atm

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T04:28:11+00:00

    Hi All,

    I have had some traction with Microsoft about this issue. Their response below (taken from the link):

    "A Teams Android mobile app singed in with an account tied to Microsoft Teams Shared Device license is used as a shared device by frontline workers to make and receive calls as part of their daily work using Teams."

    Set up an Android mobile phone as a common area phone - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T08:37:41+00:00

    your info is not related to this issue - we are using a Business Premium license with full MS Teams functionality.

    Meanwhile, there was a response to my ticket:

    "... This issue is not expected to be resolved, it may take a month or more ...." followed by : ... we are very sorry for....

    this ist beyond funny now.

    & the views counter for this post dropped over night from over 950 to 443 now?

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments