Teams chat no longer works for my organization on Android phones

Anonymous
2023-10-03T18:52:15+00:00

I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.

I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.

I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-06T16:14:37+00:00

    Same here, it's affected our company's Android users.

    MS please fix it ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-08T10:20:44+00:00

    Hello,

    My organization has the same issue.

    Please fix it, it's really a pain to work without the chat function.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T08:18:59+00:00

    Same here, please fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T15:11:10+00:00

    we face the same issues. the app only show calls. we have no teams - team anymore, or chat or something else. please fix it, it is very unhandy this way

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T21:29:46+00:00

    I have the same issue happening with several Android users and 1 Google Pixel, no iPhones yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments