Teams chat no longer works for my organization on Android phones

Anonymous
2023-10-03T18:52:15+00:00

I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.

I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.

I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T04:51:54+00:00

    If it is any consolation, we have had this issue within our organisation for a month now. Only a couple of users at first but in the last week it has affected majority of the Android users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T23:01:07+00:00

    Just fixed it!! My org can use chat again. Was able to downgrade to prior version via this link: https://teams.en.uptodown.com/android/download/106890129

    Thanks, Austin.

    My org uses Intune to deploy all Microsoft apps. So Is it possible to downgrade ? Please advise me

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T22:43:39+00:00

    Just fixed it!! My org can use chat again. Was able to downgrade to prior version via this link: https://teams.en.uptodown.com/android/download/106890129

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T22:34:35+00:00

    Hey,
    I have exactly the same issues reported in my company and am personally experiencing exactly the problem that is reported (No chat available).
    On top of that, also the calendar is unavailable.

    This issue affected our company all Android users after the teams update. That is really annoying and frustrating.

    Any solution?

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T08:32:34+00:00

    Hi,

    I have exactly the same issues reported in my company, and am personally experiencing exactly the problem that is reported (No chat available).
    On top of that, also the Calender is unavailable, and joining meetings is also not working.
    My colleague checked on his phone, did not have the issue, until the app updated 2 minutes later and then he had the same issue.

    App version that does not work currently:
    1416/1.0.0.2023173501/0925
    Call-version: 2023.31.01.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments