Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
Hi Guys,
Finally, I found the temp solution.
In my case - It appears that the problem was caused by licenses.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.
I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.
I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.
Please help!
Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Guys,
Finally, I found the temp solution.
In my case - It appears that the problem was caused by licenses.
"This issue is not expected to be resolved, it may take a month or more"
=> This is crazy. Looks like Microsoft doesn't pay any attention anymore to Android users.
I pushed for Teams vs Slack/Zoom in the organization, but I now start to regret it.
you info is not related to this issue - we are using a Business Premium license with full MS Teams functionality.
Meanwhile, there was a response to my ticket:
"... This issue is not expected to be resolved, it may take a month or more ...." followed by : ... we are very sorry for....
this ist beyond funny now.
& the views counter for this post dropped over night from over 950 to 443 now?
Thanks but we are using Microsoft 365 E3 licenses in our organisation. The Microsoft 365 license has no bearing on the issue. It is entirely related to the Microsoft Teams license assigned to the users.
Are you using a Microsoft Teams Shared Device license?
your info is not related to this issue - we are using a Business Premium license with full MS Teams functionality.
Meanwhile, there was a response to my ticket:
"... This issue is not expected to be resolved, it may take a month or more ...." followed by : ... we are very sorry for....
this ist beyond funny now.
& the views counter for this post dropped over night from over 950 to 443 now?
Hi All,
I have had some traction with Microsoft about this issue. Their response below (taken from the link):
"A Teams Android mobile app singed in with an account tied to Microsoft Teams Shared Device license is used as a shared device by frontline workers to make and receive calls as part of their daily work using Teams."
Set up an Android mobile phone as a common area phone - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn